[PLUG-TALK] Usability

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Nov 30 21:27:09 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Rasmussen <mikeraz at patch.com> writes:

Russell> With wikis and websites and mailing lists, we communicate and
Russell> form into a community easily.

Michael> And IRC Channels.  (While you're here, does PLUG have an IRC
Michael> channel running?)

My observation is that IRC channels, while fun and very dynamic, tend
to suck the life out of mailing lists.  The content is usually
ephemeral.  IRC readership tends to include those intensely
interested, but not those more casually interested or temporally
constrained.  The casually interested class then tends never to be
clued into what is actually going on.

seniorr at aracnet.com