[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Brag: dirvish to be used by OSU Open Source Labs

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Oct 2 18:18:05 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> In any event, it's nice to have a huge open source mirror a short bus ride
> away. :)

Ed,

   Nudging this thread in the direction of PLUG-talk, I invoke my rights and
duties as a Doctor of Philosophy to ask, What is reflected in this huge
mirror? [1]

   Do we see reflected an image of where we've been, or one of where we should
be heading? Does everyone see this reflection, or does it take special
viewing devices (e.g., the red and blue "3D" glasses of the 1950s) to see it
clearly? What cultural, societal, or educational values are reflected in this
huge mirror?

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"

[1] Having just finished reading Neil Postman's, "Technopolis," such
questions come easily to mine.