[PLUG-TALK] DFW airport on google maps

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Apr 13 20:51:01 UTC 2006

>> I could be wrong, but I think the nicer hi-res photos on google are
>> aerial photos rather than satellite.  Digital orthoquads or
>> something.  That's why there isn't universal coverage at that
>> scale, but it's limited to urban areas of "enhanced interest".

Keith> According to the readme for Google local, they are all
Keith> satellite images, from EarthSat (www.earthsat.com) for the 15
Keith> meter stuff, and the Digital Globe Quickbird satellite for the
Keith> hi-res stuff.  For more info, see:
Keith> http://www.digitalglobe.com/about/quickbird.html

Cool.  Thanks for the correction!

seniorr at aracnet.com