[PLUG-TALK] Web Site Visitor Tracking Logs and Marketing Insight

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Apr 24 17:32:32 PDT 2006

   There is a wealth of information that AXS collects about visitors to our
Web site. Among the data are the domain and server used, any referring search
engine page, and the pages viewed.

   The marketing books that I've read over the years discuss the use of a Web
site (as well as other aspects of the 'Net) for marketing, but I'm having
difficulty gaining insights into how to use visitor data for marketing.

   If you have done this, know of references, or have suggestions, please
share them with me.

Thanks,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  Quantifying subjectivity for the
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |  benefit of business and society.