[PLUG-TALK] Waterproof USB Thumb Drives

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Feb 23 01:43:36 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> writes:

Keith> Perhaps there is an O'Reilly "Make" article in this somewhere.
Keith> Extreme survival electronics, with perhaps a competition to see
Keith> who can do the best job of armoring an ordinary USB key.

Thinking outside the box, I think your solution lies primarily in
finding more effective ways of keeping it outside of your washing
machine.  For example, I have a small coin purse that I used to keep
my change under control.  It is big enough to hold a few various other
pocket oddments, currently to include my USB keyfob.  I'd recommend
trying something like that.

Or maybe a proximity alarm that emits a shrieking siren/klaxon when it
gets within 2 meters of the washing machine.

seniorr at aracnet.com