[PLUG-TALK] surveys, tests, and personality types (was Rate Your Position on the Political Compass)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 9 20:42:46 UTC 2006

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, glen e. p. ropella wrote:

> This thread reminds me why I enjoy taking these tests (and those foofoo
> personality tests that the organizational consultant carries in _her_ back
> pocket ...

   This reminds me that I once had a boss who pulled an all-nighter before
taking a personality test, and he still flunked. Badly.

> 2) They believe that tests should not carry such bias and the test giver
> should do everything in their power to sterilize the test before it's
> handed over to the common man.

   Gee, just like the political pollsters do, eh? If you want to see the
masters of the leading question, go to any political organization.

   If you want to avoid all bias in questions, fire up Emacs and talk with the
psychiatrist at the bottom of the Help menu.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"