[PLUG-TALK] Bibliographic References Format Translations

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jun 12 17:52:17 UTC 2006

   I recently learned that EndNotes can read ProCite files and export them in
RIS and BibTeX formats (among others). ProCite cannot export in a format
other than CSV, strangely enough. Anyway, demos of these two applications are
available with a 30-day lifetime.

   This morning I downloaded a demo of each, moved them across the blood/brain
barrier into the virtual win98, and translated a ProCite reference database
I've had for a couple of years. It's now in both .bib and .ris versions,
safely back on the linux side.

   So, if any of you have bibliographic databases you'd like translated, send
'em on and I'll send back the translation. If there are no takers, I'll
remove them from the virtual machine as I have no need for either application
now: the .ris file will go into RefDB for use here.