[PLUG-TALK] Fadeley vs. Free Speech

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 22 17:36:34 UTC 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Dave wrote:

> Thus, the blogsphere is born.

Dave,

   I agree with your views, but there are contextual limits. For example, I
considered writing a blog to keep my clients and prospects informed. But,
when thinking about it more I realized that most of my clients are too busy
to read the newspaper or trade journals, never mind a blog, and most of them
grew up before computers were as prevalent as they now are and work in
old-line, basic industries.

   When I discuss this with others in the industry, they agree that a blog
would not be read -- by my intended target audience.

   So, blogging (like tatoos, pierced bodies, and dressing like an inmate of a
county jail) fits within a certain culture and population. It's not for
everyone. And I'll still stick by my point that newspapers used to offer
thoughtful analyses and insightful reporting of the issues that affect
everone. They no longer do, and we're all worse off because of that.