[PLUG-TALK] Fadeley vs. Free Speech

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Thu Jun 22 23:38:31 UTC 2006

Rich Shepard wrote:
>   I agree with your views, but there are contextual limits. For example, I
> considered writing a blog to keep my clients and prospects informed. But,
> when thinking about it more I realized that most of my clients are too busy
> to read the newspaper or trade journals, never mind a blog, and most of
> them
> grew up before computers were as prevalent as they now are and work in
> old-line, basic industries.

A lot of the vendors I deal with put me on a mailing list.

But what I see more and more of is blogs that provide an RSS feed. If
the client/interested third party wants to, they subscribe to the feed,
and then when you post something on the blog, it shows up in, say,
Thunderbird.

>   When I discuss this with others in the industry, they agree that a blog
> would not be read -- by my intended target audience.

Yeah, that's possible. Just a thought about how it's getting to be more
of a broadcast medium, sort of.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #14 (Collect all 25)
"There is a point beyond which even justice becomes unjust." - Sophocles