[PLUG-TALK] Linuxfest NW

Brent Rieck bsr at spek.org
Fri Mar 3 22:31:11 PST 2006

Galen Seitz wrote:
> You're assuming he won't spend the entire trip in the lounge car.  I'm
> not sure that's a safe assumption.  :-)
>
> Yes, business class is nice, and not that much more money.

I've only taken the Cascade train between Seattle and Portland; the
"lounge" car isn't particularly "loungy" but they do have nice sized
tables that are pleasant to work or study at..

And when I took "business class" it was only $4 or $5 extra (I think, it
was a few years ago), I took it because they had sold out of all regular
tickets and it was cheap enough way for me to get home a few hours
earlier.  The seats didn't seem any bigger or have any more legroom,
came with a "free" Seattle Times paper and a $2 coupon for some
absolutely terrible snack car food, it may have come with a free set of
headphones for the movie too.  Personally it's not worth it for me,
unless I want to get on a train without any regular priced tickets
available.

--Brent