[PLUG-TALK] Linuxfest NW

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Mar 4 11:06:24 PST 2006

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006, Galen Seitz wrote:

> I notice there is an inconsistency on Cascades web site.  The bike page
> says that Bellingham has checked bagged service, but the baggage page does
> not. I sent them an email.

   Sheesh! They don't have a fold-down rack on the front of the engine on
which you can put your bike? How inconsiderate.

   My cousin has several folding bikes, including ones with small electric
motors. He travels all over the western US by train (from Redding, CA) and
uses his bikes to get around in the cities. (He said that even the electric
boost didn't help him in Seattle last autumn.) Of course, this doesn't help
Mike ... unless he has a couple of weeks to trundle back from Bellingham via
Wenatchee.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  Quantifying subjectivity for the
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |  benefit of business and society.