[PLUG-TALK] Advice Please - Transfer of Domain apparently locked by FS/Register.com

plug at hackhawk.net plug at hackhawk.net
Mon Mar 6 17:16:31 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 16:31, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> So Freeserver.com was an innocent by stander in all this.

I would hardly go that far.   Please see the following extremely
misleading and deceitful email they sent to my sister about her domain
registration with them.

"Let the domain expire" they recommended.
   AND
"freeservers.com has the right to sell/utilize this domain
  name until it expires"

I would hardly call these statements innocent.

In a message dated 2/27/2006 7:02:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
priority at freeservers.com writes:
Re: Billing Inquiry Incorrect charge to my account
(KMM2639066V52420L0KM)
> Date:2/27/2006 7:02:59 AM Pacific Standard Time
> From:priority at free servers.com
>

> Hello Wanda,
> I would like to begin by saying how appalled i am at the treatment you
> have been receiving.  I am sincerely sorry this has not been easy for
> you.  Unfortunately i have some bad news.
> According to networking standards in America, the database for which
> disabledartistsnetwork.net is registered, cannot be released.
> current networking requires us to register your domain name
> "disabledartistsnetwork.net" with a national database, this links your
> name to an Ip Address which tells computers how to find your site.
This