[PLUG-TALK] 8-point roll story

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Wed Mar 8 19:15:36 UTC 2006

Brent Rieck wrote:
> You don't have to be that old to have flown in a Dash-80 I think.. I
> believe I've flown in one in the 1980's.  It seems they don't fly them
> much anymore, the only one still flying in America seems to be owned by
> the National Air and Space Museum:
> http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/nnumSQL.asp?NNumbertxt=70700

Looking a bit deeper into this, it seems that "Dash 80" and "707" are the same plane.

http://www.nasm.si.edu/events/pressroom/releaseDetail.cfm?releaseID=52
  Pan American World Airways ordered 20 Boeing 707s, as the Dash 80 was known
after its official launch.

--
   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity