[PLUG-TALK] 8-point roll story

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Mar 8 19:22:46 UTC 2006

Michael> Russell Senior wrote:
>>  Turns out it wasn't a 747, but a pre-707 prototype called the
>> "Dash 80".

Michael> The Dash 80 was a production plane.  I've flown in them. It
Michael> preceded the 707 in Boeing history. Mr. Johnson rolled a
Michael> prototype of what would become the Dash 80.

That name rang a bell with me too, but (at least in my case) I think I
was thinking of something like this:

 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Canada_Dash_8>

Or something else along those lines.  There are a bunch of "off-brand"
two engine tail-mounted airliners too.  I flew one to SoCal recently.
I had no idea who the manufacturer was.  But the seat cushion could
still be used as a flotation device.

seniorr at aracnet.com