[PLUG-TALK] Re: charcoal starting oldie but goodie

GLL guy1656 at ados.net
Sat Mar 4 05:33:52 UTC 2006

This is the OT/just-talk channel, so:

Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> So, if pouring LOX on charcoal starts it in 3 seconds, what does
> pouring LOX on a booting PC do?  Can we find an expendable Microsoft
> executive to try this for us?

LOL.

Couple o' notes:

1. Poor ol' George H. Gobel has been pressured by unknown, unnamed agents to
pull down his page. (Don't know who - could'a been his university; could'a
been ATFE.)

2. This DID remind me of a time I heard someone at a presentation on data
recovery claim: "We can get back EVERYTHING, no matter WHAT has happend to
the disk -even internal physical damage."

My wife shoots up her hand, points to me and says "He has his own foundry.
Wanna try to recover a disk from THAT?" Dude goes: "I'm -SURE- we could do
it." ('Bet he's never seen a real live anvil,' I was thinking.)

Oh well, just fun.