[PLUG-TALK] Bits of Travel

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Sun Mar 12 01:45:45 UTC 2006

We're in the midst of an 18 hour layover at the Singapore airport.  It's Sunday
here, Jennifer's birthday.

John: I haven't heard from Fal, but the email address I have for him is a work
address so he probably hasn't seen my original.

Tyoko airport has reasonably priced good food.  Wish it were so here.  Quality is
all over the place.  In all instances the only throw aways are chop sticks.  Real
flatware, ceramic plates and bowls.

Sights: many women in saris, a Tibetian monk, a group of ~30 US servicemen, a guy
in a Paris marathon Tshirt.  Sounds are English, Mandarin, and Hindi(? Indian
language).

Surreal experience:  being woken up at 3:00am by an apologetic, semi-automatic
carrying (AK-47?) guard. First sight was the business end of the rifle, pointing
at the ground, dangling in front of my face.  The young guy needed to check our
ID.  We were sleeping on a lounge floor in the rest area with reclining couches.
The recliners were all full.

Showers in the airport here are S$8.40 ~USD$6.00 - like Oregon Star Party!  Feel
just as good too.

More the next time I'm in an airport with free Internet access (go airport!) and
time.

--
   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity