[PLUG-TALK] in the water

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Mar 14 18:12:08 UTC 2006

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 12:41:32AM -0800, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> Everywhere a tourist goes vendors appear with stuff to sell.

When my wife and I stayed on Ko Samui island in Thailand, she
had a list of things to do and go and shop for.  Busy busy busy.
I said (against my normal nature) "lets stay on the beach today.
It will come to us."  And it did.

Massages.  Trinkets.  Entertainment.  Food.  Cheaper than town, no
crazy rides on the tuk-tuk.  If you aren't buying, the vendors move
on and find a willing buyer.  I think the hoteliers run off the
annoying vendors.

Nice.  Very relaxing.  The big problem is leaving;  what's so
gosh-darned important at home, anyway?