[PLUG-TALK] Incoming War Dialing

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Apr 19 14:41:42 UTC 2007

For years, I have maintained an incoming dialin line, and kept it
running in case my Comcast connection went away while I was on the
road.   In the last couple of days, I've been the target of somebody
doing wardialing, trying to connect through the modem thousands of
times a night.  Amusing - they never got past some of the initial
handshaking, but they are apparently still trying.  They have caller
ID turned off, so I can't see who it is, sigh.

But enough fun.  I turned off the modem on that line, and will let
them talk to the fax machine for a while.   And that will be the
topic of another posting to the list.