[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] OT: Recommended Web Sites for Middle School Science Questions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 6 23:47:37 UTC 2007

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Michael M. wrote:

> An award-winning website with answers to all kinds of questions on all
> kinds of subjects kids (and adults) come up with is
> http://www.howstuffworks.com/

   Does anyone else remember the 1970s PBS series, "Connections," by and with
James Burke? What a fascinating show! My son was enthralled by the stories
despite his young age, and we certainly enjoyed them, too.

   There was a book based on the series, and it may still be available. It
would make a great present to some young person with an enquiring mind that
enjoys being stretched.