[PLUG-TALK] Wireless Card Connects, No IP Address Granted

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Sat Aug 11 21:43:09 UTC 2007

On Sat, Aug 11, 2007 at 01:11:37PM -0700, Russell Senior wrote:
> Debian (maybe others too) has a package called ifscheme or something
> that allows you to configure different configurations and then
> switch between them easily, like so:
>
>   ifscheme home

You can also configure different "logical interfaces" in
/etc/network/interfaces and use them directly. E.g.:

  iface wpsu inet dhcp
    wireless_essid pubnet.pdx.edu

That allows me to 'ifup wlan0=wpsu', which attempts to connect to
PSU's WiFi network via my wireless NIC. It's not as fancy as ifscheme,
but for the user with simple needs, it's usually sufficient.

--
Paul