[PLUG-TALK] Wireless Card Connects, No IP Address Granted

Dwight Hubbard dwight at dwightandamy.com
Mon Aug 13 20:49:46 UTC 2007

I recall when I looked in wireshark at the traffic the dhcp client sent out
a request, a response came back from the dhcp server that contained the IP
address and for some reason the dhcp client would send a nak back (going
from memory here).

I was able to extract the IP address and stuff from the dhcp response and if
I manually configured the network interfaces stuff worked as expected so at
least the settings coming from the dhcp server where good.

I´ll have to look at the version running on my laptop that has the issue.  I
do know the problem started occuring when I upgraded to a newer version of
ubuntu.

On 8/13/07, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, Dwight Hubbard wrote:
>
> > What version of the dhcp client are you running?
>
>    dhcpcd-2.0.4-i486-2
>
>    And it's not changed recently.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich
>
> --
> Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |    The Environmental Permitting
> Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |          Accelerator(TM)
> <http://www.appl-ecosys.com>     Voice: 503-667-4517      Fax:
> 503-667-8863

Dwight Hubbard (RHCE)
dwight at dwighthubbard.com