[PLUG-TALK] Analog vs. Digital Video

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Aug 15 23:08:38 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Galen" == Galen Seitz <galens at seitzassoc.com> writes:

Galen> [...]

Galen> 2. Overpriced cables are everywhere(think Monster Cable).  A 6
Galen> foot cable for your monitor connection ought to be less than
Galen> $10.

Heh.  My dad paid $75 for one.  He didn't ask me first.

Galen> 3. If you are already getting a good display using the analog
Galen> connection, you might want to defer buying a cable. [...]

Yeah, that's me.  The digital output from the my video card doesn't
match the cable that came with my Samsung 204T.  However, even on
analog it still looks great!  Even the m's.  Maybe digital would be
better, but I have no complaints and until I see some superior
digitally-driven display, I will live on in blissful ignorance.

seniorr at aracnet.com