[PLUG-TALK] Large Format Printing

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Thu Aug 16 18:43:27 UTC 2007

I want to print some text on a 12" x 12" piece of scrap booking paper.
The paper has a pattern on it that will make a nice background to the
poem text.

When I called Lazerquick I discovered that 12 x 12 is something that has
to be done with their offset machine, and will cost about $60. I only
need the one, so that doesn't make sense. The largest width they can
handle is 11". I could trim the paper to 11 x 11, but I'd rather stay
with 12 x 12, since the frame this will go in is that size, and I'm not
planning on using matte board.

Another thought I had was to print the text onto iron-on transfer film,
and apply that to the paper. I know this works with fabric, but I've not
heard of anyone trying it on another piece of paper. I'm guessing that
it should work.

Does anyone have any other ideas for one-off large format printing?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens