[PLUG-TALK] Locking the Task Bar

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Wed Aug 22 00:34:17 UTC 2007

Rogan Creswick wrote:

> Linux is not a window manager / desktop environment (!)

Understood. I was kind of including all of the WMs by saying that. I
realize it is inaccurate.

<...>
> Many of the more configurable WMs will let you place arbitrary windows
> at fixed locations, or at the minimum make them particularly difficult
> to move on accident. (generally holding alt or meta and dragging with
> the mouse will move these, which are usually borderless).

I found "Lock Panels" in KDE by right clicking on the task bar. I
discovered it when something went screwy and all the icons started
moving around, even though I wasn't holding down a mouse button. Sigh.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens