[PLUG-TALK] Linux Librarian

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Aug 25 21:01:22 UTC 2007

Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> I needed a name for a test Moin wiki that will eventually become the
> PLUG library wiki.
<...>
> (I settled on "Conan" the Librarian)

Good name.

Reminds me of a TV ad for the Newport Creamery (I think) back in
Massachusetts during the 1980's. Picture an intimidated soda jerk
standing at his ice cream case and looking up. He points to a particular
flavor of ice cream. The camera pans back and forth -- you get the idea
that someone is shaking his head, "no." The soda jerk points to another
flavor, and the camera pans up and down. Finally, you see a large
fellow, dressed in Conan style barbarian clothes, enjoying his ice cream
cone. The caption says, "Cone, and the barbarian."

"Marian" would also be good, should you need another librarian name,
happen to be musically inclined, and know someone named Harold Hill.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens