[PLUG-TALK] XHTML-1.0 Strict Form Tags Reference

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 27 21:08:40 UTC 2007

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Alex LeDonne wrote:

> In your original message you refer to "target" as being "to define a field
> displaying the results returned by the server on the form" - are you
> looking to do a partial page update with something AJAXy? I don't think
> you can do it strictly (no pun intended) with XHTML-1.0-Strict without

Alex,

   I mis-understood the target tag when I first read about it.

   Since my web pages over the past 9 years have been static and required no
input from viewers, this is all a new experience for me. Perhaps I do need
javascript. I need to learn what I need to learn to accomplish the task of
collecting three input variables and displaying the returned result. The use
of the python cgi library is another issue.

Thanks,