[PLUG-TALK] Treo 700p Question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Dec 4 09:19:25 PST 2007

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Jason Martin wrote:

> Isn't that what the phone should do when you're in a phone call?  You are
> effectively sending tones to the directory service, which is interpreting
> them as "letters".  I don't think you can send actual letters over POTS.

Jason,

   No, characters aren't sent, but I thought that I'd see them in the display
as the tones were transmitted. For example, how would the phone know to send
the tone for 'e' rather than for '1' when I press that key, or 'c' rather
than '8'? I've tried using the 'Treo key' before pressing the letter key but
that does not seem to make a difference.