[PLUG-TALK] Outlook: Still Look-out?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Fri Dec 14 03:52:06 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard C Steffens <rsteff at comcast.net> writes:

Richard> I've been looking forward to next year when the local real
Richard> estate MLS system finishes conversion of their web site to
Richard> one that works on multiple browsers. I was hopeful that at
Richard> that time I might consider switching my laptop from XP to a
Richard> Linux distro. Now, it looks like my office is about to start
Richard> using Outlook to distribute information in an Outlook-only
Richard> form. Right now, I don't have Outlook or Outlook Express
Richard> running. Instead, I use Thunderbird. I stayed away from
Richard> Outlook for two reasons. 1, I can have essentially the same
Richard> e-mail environment on all my machines with T-bird. And, 2, I
Richard> heard enough horror stories about Outlook that I didn't want
Richard> anything to do with it.

My wife has Outlook email at work, and it she reads it from home
through a web interface.  We are a Linux-only household, so that means
it works from normal Linux browsers, at least it does with Debian's
iceape (mozilla) and I expect others.  I'm guessing that's what you
are talking about, in which case you should be okay.  Nauseous, but
okay.

seniorr at aracnet.com