[PLUG-TALK] Outlook: Still Look-out?

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Thu Dec 13 20:32:24 PST 2007

Russell Senior wrote:

> My wife has Outlook email at work, and it she reads it from home
> through a web interface.

I tried the web interface the office uses. It successfully sees the
several parts of the e-mail, but when I try to open them, all I see is
garbage. This was alluded to on one of the web sites from my Googling.
Apparently, only Outlook can read winmail.dat.

> We are a Linux-only household, so that means
> it works from normal Linux browsers, at least it does with Debian's
> iceape (mozilla) and I expect others.  I'm guessing that's what you
> are talking about, in which case you should be okay.  Nauseous, but
> okay.

I suspect that they'll want me to use some of the other features of
Outlook. Sigh.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens