[PLUG-TALK] Premature farewell.

David Mandel dmandel at davidmandel.com
Sun Feb 11 09:29:53 UTC 2007

Jeme,

    We will miss you, but this is great news.

    I have been on the Tulane campus (pre Katrina) and it is very nice.
Actually, I was visiting Loyola University which is adjacent to Tulane and
has some joint programs with Tulane.  One of my kids was thinking about
going to school there, but didn't in the end.

    In any case, I was very impressed with Tulane and Loyola and New
Orleans in general; and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

    New Orleans is such a great city.  It is such a shame to see how
little the Federal government has done to help rebuild it.  I personally
believe in a very limited Federal government, but rebuilding a city the
size of New Orleans requires significant outside (ie federal) help and
it is such a shame how the federal government has deserted the
gulf coast in time of need.

    Sorry,  didn't mean to get on my soap box.

    And congratulations!

  Sincerely,
  David Mandel
  Chief Activist