[PLUG-TALK] Printer Issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 13 01:39:04 UTC 2007

   Our main printer is a LJ-5 with duplexer. The built-in menu has duplex=ON,
CUPS recognizes the printer (named laser5_duplex) as having a duplexer, and
that's turned on there. Xpdf has laser5_duplex as the default printer.

   But, when I print the pages go through the duplexer, but are printed on
only one side. Even from the command line, specifying that printer to lpr,
it is not printing on both sides of the paper.

   Does anyone have any ideas why this might be? It is frustrating that
everything appears to work, but the printer uses only a single side of the
paper.