[PLUG-TALK] trust entities, was Windows and Cryptography

Dan Young danielmyoung at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 00:41:55 UTC 2007

On 2/14/07, Michael Rasmussen <mikeraz at patch.com> wrote:
> For someone like my suburban dwelling, just use computers for their utility value
> in her work and for some play, sister, brother-in-law, and nephew the answer is
> obvious. Give the key to Microsoft.  Give the key to a well established, familiar
> entity. Surely, they believe, someone there is accountable.

Microsoft was ranked number one in "corporate reputation" (just ahead
of Johnson and Johnson!) in a recent survey.
http://www.harrisinteractive.com/news/allnewsbydate.asp?NewsID=1170

I'll leave it to others to determine what that says about people's
ability to judge the "character" of corporations.

--
Dan