[PLUG-TALK] Contract job

Mel Andres mel97215 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 22 17:18:20 UTC 2007

This was posted on the ex-Sequent group.

  Mel

    Contract help needed: Linux Network Driver
    <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xsequent/message/3508;_ylc=X3oDMTJxMWplbmFtBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE4NDA5MDEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3NzA5BG1zZ0lkAzM1MDgEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTE3MjE0NjU5Mg-->

      Posted by: "Bruce Whitehead" Bruce at Dalsanders.com
      <mailto:Bruce at Dalsanders.com?Subject=%20Re%3AContract%20help%20needed%3A%20Linux%20Network%20Driver>
        brucewhitehead45 <http://profiles.yahoo.com/brucewhitehead45>

        Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:12 pm (PST)

All,

 >From my Xyterra group:

Greetings! M3 is in the midst of a hardware design that is using
multiple USB Ethernet parts connected via USB to a host running a 2.6
Linux kernel. The design appears to mostly function, but we are
having some issues when transmitting a high load from some ports (
the port just stops transmitting)
. One of the things that M3 does not
have is a lot of kernel/driver-level expertise, so we're looking for
someone who can help us out. We would be looking for someone to work
with the M3 hardware designers and the client application developers
to help us instrument the kernel and drivers to that we can figure
out what's going on and fix it wherever the problem lies. If you are
interested or know someone else who might be, please give me a call
at M3 and I can give you some more info.

Thanks!

Gray

gmccord at m3design.com <mailto:gmccord%40m3design.com>