[PLUG-TALK] Linux Journal and SSC

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Sat Jan 13 00:50:51 UTC 2007

Interesting.

I talked with Phil Hughes (via email) a few months ago.  At that time,
he was still publisher of the Linux Journal - altho I was under the
impression that he was semi-retired and living in Central America.  I
forget which country - maybe Nicaragua.   He was still listed as
publisher of the Linux Journal as recently as November 2006, and
actively involved with the Linux Journal when I talked with him a few
months ago;  but I see this has changed.  The Feb  2007 issue lists
Carlie Fairchild as publisher and Belltown Media as the owner.   Of
course, Carlie has been at the Linux Journal for a long long time
which is reassuring.  I don't know anything about Belltown Media.

David Mandel