[PLUG-TALK] why religion is the root of all evil

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Tue Jan 30 04:27:56 UTC 2007

glen e. p. ropella wrote:
> Russell Senior wrote:
>
>> The Anglican bishop was "moderate", but he also declared his belief in
>> something patently silly, the actual bodily Ascension of Jesus to
>> heaven.
>>

> Well, there's the rub, eh?  You claim someone's belief in some thing or event to
> be "patently silly".  A better demonstration of disrespect and intolerance is
> unnecessary.

FWIW, If you claim to know, with absolute certainty, that there is NOT a
God, then you must have some knowledge that would make you worthy of the
title.

In my opinion, and that of others I've spoken with, the existence of God
can neither be proven, nor disproven. If one is to claim either, then
they are practicing faith.

I do agree that organized religion has been the cause of almost every
war ever fought by mankind. I believe that religion was an invention to
control the masses.

Russ

Of course, my opinion, and $4.00, might get you a cup of coffee...