[PLUG-TALK] why religion is the root of all evil

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Tue Jan 30 05:20:49 UTC 2007

>>>>> "glen" == glen e p ropella <gepr at tempusdictum.com> writes:

[thoughtful-glen-commentary-elided]

Russell> As for Jesus, I think he (as reported) had some good ideas
Russell> about Love.  Insofar as they are exclusively attributable to
Russell> him, (which I don't think is really that far), I wish people
Russell> paid more attention.

glen> He had some other good ideas, too.  "I am the way, the truth,
glen> and the light" is a restatement of the old maxim to "Be the
glen> change you wish to see in the world"

Wow.  Really??  I've always read that (and assumed most people read
it) as "Do what I tell you because I am Right(tm), and otherwise get
thy ass to Hell forthwith".

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net