[PLUG-TALK] new trick on google map directions

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Jul 9 03:56:45 UTC 2007

There is a new feature on google maps that I just learned about.
When you ask for directions from point a to b, it draws its best
guess as to a route.  If you don't like that route, you can now
drag one or more points on the line to a different street, and
it will (rather rapidly!) snap to the new route.  I don't know
when that got added, but it makes the directions feature a lot
more useful, especially when there is construction or congestion
along the path google picks.