[PLUG-TALK] Shell account, somewhere?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Jul 27 15:16:28 UTC 2007

For the past 8 years, I've had a shell account at a local university,
which I used a few times a year when I wanted to test mail and other
connectivity to and from my server.  I no longer have that account,
but still have occasional testing needs and emergency needs.

Does anyone have a well-maintained server on which I can maintain
a shell and mail account? It would get emails from the mailing lists
I maintain (forwarded back to me), and every few months I would run
a shell script to send out a few dozen emails when I am testing my
own email server after an upgrade.   Somewhat less often, I would
use it for emergency email when my systems are down, but that is
rare, and I probably should use gmail for that anyway.  I would
access it using ssh.

I would establish a reciprocal relationship, but right now I don't
have any user accounts on my outside server, and my inside machines
are too well buried to be of much use to others.  Perhaps there are
other things we can trade.