[PLUG-TALK] Bank customer service

john morgali aarghj at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 01:48:13 UTC 2007

Just out of curiosity...

why does noone name names?

I have been dealing with what should be an easy and
routine issue for 4 months now with my branch.

I will name a name...  WAMU!

In December, I moved cross country(east coaster now,
BRRR!). In november, I added my wife to my acct, and
tried to get a card for her in her name on the
acct(debit).
December passes, no card.  Jan passes, no card.  Feb
passes, no card.  1st week of March, after 2 or 3 hour
long calls per week, and visiting the branches, and
talking to customer service in the phillipines, she
gets her card, we get our replacement checks, but our
address still isnt resolved?  To this day, I cannot
use my card online with my correct address, because
they havent fixed it, and their online department
doesnt talk to their branch department.  Same with
east coast vs west coast, check issueing department,
etc etc etc.

I finally found a number for the "executive customer
service" myself by looking up the CEO, and using SEC
filing records to get his secretary's number...

good luck, and I'll let ya know if they ever fix my
issues completely.

Oh, and FWIW, I have changed banks now also(waiting on
that direct deposit to change!).

--- "Adam L. Klein" <alklein at dsl-only.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 11:49 -0700, Jason Martin
> wrote:
> > My wife and I are in the middle of a big customer
> service fiasco with
> > one of our banks (basically they ripped >$3400 out
> of our checking
> > account without our permission and can't find it).
>  Aside from needing
> > to vent (what kind of bank can't find $3400 within
> two weeks??), I
> > would like to write a calm, collected letter to
> the right person at
> > that bank to express the poor customer service I
> received.  Anyone
> > have any ideas how to find the right person to
> send the letter to?
> >
> > Jason "my *OTHER* bank has been quite helpful"
> Martin
> >

> Jason,
>
> Check "The Consumerist" website -
> http://www.consumerist.com/ - they
> usually have a list of "executive customer
> relationship" contact
> numbers.  I've read a lot about those groups fixing
> problems local
> branches or departments couldn't or wouldn't be
> bothered to take care
> of.
>
> Adam
>
> --
> Adam L. Klein
> <alklein at dsl-only.net>

Pursuant to U.S. code, title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Section 227, and consistent with Oregon State Law, any and all unsolicited  commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a consulting fee.U.S. E-Mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.Consult http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/227.html for details.