[PLUG-TALK] Helsinki Complaints Choir

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Sun Mar 18 05:13:57 UTC 2007

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 09:06:41PM -0700, Galen Seitz wrote:
> Since this is plug-talk, I'm allowed to point out that Flash is only
> available for x86, leaving ia64, mips, ppc, sparc, x86-64, and a
> bunch of others literally in the dark.

Actually, the FFMPEG library handily plays most Flash video (*.flv)
files, even on PowerPC. I've encountered few FLV files that I can't
get mplayer to play on my PowerBook. This is not to imply that there
aren't far more preferable video codecs available...

What really bugs are the web sites that offer no way to easily
download video clips. At least Google (usually) makes it easy; and
there's 'youtube-dl' for YouTube.

--
Paul