[PLUG-TALK] Are You from Oregon?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Mar 26 23:09:09 UTC 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 12:41:23PM -0700, Michael M. wrote:
> http://www.gotoquiz.com/are_you_from_oregon
> (no registration required)
>
> I failed pretty badly:
>
>         You are 46% Oregonian.
>
>         You're not an Oregonian, at least not a full-blooded one. You've
>         probably never even been to Crater Lake. But who knows, you
>         might like it up here.

> whois gotoquiz.com
Registrant:
   James Halloran
   Hoboken
   Hoboken, NJ  07030
   US

I'm a native Oregonian, third generation, been here 50+ years, and
scored 56% on this silly test.

Here are the "correct" answers according to jcollins:

1,2) You are of indeterminate age and sex.  (true, it doesn't matter here)

3) You get soaked in the rain. (of course, but real Oregonians own an
umbrella to loan to-out-of state friends, to identify them for other
locals who like to watch the goofy antics.)

4) You refer to Death with Dignity as PAS, the initials for Physician
Assisted Suicide, and voted twice for it.  ( Hell, it ain't suicide
unless you use the same shotgun your father and grandfather used on
themselves.  Pills are for wusses, and our doctors are glad to thin
the herd of wusses.)

5) You grow roses (rather than "whatever".  What's wrong with weeds?).

6) You've stepped on too many slugs to count (no, real Oregonians avoid
them, because the goo sticks to your boots and picks up wet leaves).

7) You are a college football spectator rather than a history reader.
(No comment)

8) You only drink Pinot Noir. ( Wine?  WINE?  Oregon has only become a
major wine producing region in the last 30 years, with most vineyards
are owned by Californians who flipped their dotcom and bought in.  Real
Oregonians drink Henry's - or Alpenrose milk - or Portland City tap
water, though microbrew will no longer get you run out of town in
Molalla or Springfield. )

9) You are an atheist or agnostic ( Real Oregonians go to churches all
the time - though we often move the religious junk aside to make more
room for the musicians or lecturers ).

10) You pronounce it Or-i-gun (it's Ohr-eh-gun, though John can probably
give us the proper phonetic transliteration)

11) You think the woods have too much underbrush to walk through (can't
find a trail, dimwit?  Ever been EAST of the Cascades?)

12) You live in the suburbs (but not a small city or town)

13) You use MAX every day and night (though it only stops in incorporated
    cities, which most Oregon suburbs are.  Ever hear of bicycles?)

... In other words, if you score high on this test, you are a
transplanted Californian, like the author of this test.

Michael M., whatever you are, your score on this test shows you
aren't a clueless outsider trying to pass.