[PLUG-TALK] Time tracking for IT consultants?

john morgali aarghj at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 03:58:57 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I am seeking a time management solution that will
allow me to track my time spent on different tasks of
consulting jobs, and add extensive details for what I
did during the specified time frames.  I havent got
any experience with anything current.  I also need to
be able to print out reports of specific jobs,
including all time spent, and the detailed notes for
each time period/task.

What I have been doing so far is writing it all down
in a planner, and then transfering it to quickbooks to
print out invoices.  I would prefer something I can
print out and attach to my invoices to provide my
clients with a more detailed view of where the time
was spent.

I dont want to set up a server for this if I can avoid
it, but I am open to a paid online service.

Does anyone currently use anything like this?  Is
there an open source solution like this that people
are using?  What works for you?

Thanks in advance,

John

Pursuant to U.S. code, title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Section 227, and consistent with Oregon State Law, any and all unsolicited  commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a consulting fee.U.S. E-Mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.Consult http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/227.html for details.