[PLUG-TALK] Tux International.

Bill Barry barryb at proaxis.com
Tue Nov 6 04:17:32 UTC 2007

On 05 Nov 2007 18:29:28 -0800, Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net>
wrote:

> >> I only managed to grab my camera at the last minute and get this
> >> shot.  I wish I'd gotten the whole boot process.

> >> So... enjoy that.  Looks like they're just little tablet PCs
> >> (touchscreens and all) with Geode processors.
>

> Bill> Well why the heck did it reboot. Could you get to a shell and
> Bill> see what was wrong?
>
> You can see that a tainting kernel module (realmagichwl_kernelland.o)
> is being loaded.  Perhaps that caused a kernel panic.
>
>  http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~r90079/RUAInstall.htm<http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/%7Er90079/RUAInstall.htm>

Could be, but
This spec
http://www.amd.com/us-en/ConnectivitySolutions/ProductInformation/0,,50_2330_9863_10837%5E10859,00.html
    Deep internal buffering to support pipelines and external interfaces
           Up to 72 x86 instructions in-flight

says the geode processor  has a different instruction set in-flight than it
does on the ground. Maybe it was compiled on the ground for the wrong
instruction set?

Bill