[PLUG-TALK] Comcast web space changes

alan alan at clueserver.org
Wed Nov 7 21:03:34 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Paul Mullen wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 08:54:37AM -0800, alan wrote:
>>
>> They are Comcast.  They don't do anything for to benefit customers
>> unless they can charge you more for it.
>
> Do you work overtime for no extra charge?

I work in the computer field as a full time employee, so the answer is
"Yes".

> Comcast currently charges me less than they did several years ago when
> I first signed up, and available bandwidth has increased in both
> directions.  I think it all depends on what neighborhood you live in.
> If you're lucky enough to live in an area where the apparatchiks have
> accidentally allowed competition to take place, then things aren't so
> bad (meaning, "suck less than they could").

But will they let you use it without screwing with you?

How do you know?

I left Comcast for cable when they kept jacking up my rates year after
year while providing worse and worse service.

I have never used their Internet service because my "normal usage" is a
violation of their terms of service.  (I want to use VPNs, encrypted SSH
tunnels and run my own web and mail services (with a fixed IP address)
without getting soaked by Comcast as a "business" user.)

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.