[PLUG-TALK] Comcast web space changes

Russell Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Nov 12 07:40:53 UTC 2007

alan wrote:
> My understanding was that all comcast traffic for the block was handled
> through a single pipe. How big that pipe is, I do not know.

Um, you do realize that the only real difference is where the shared
pipe is, don't you? It's either out on the pole, or in the CO. The DSLAM
would typically aggragate the connections that go through it, and then
that connection is further shared when multiple DSLAMs are in use.

The argument is irrelavent, since the entire internet is a shared medium.

> Do they even make Frontpage any more?

 From the MS website:

What happened to FrontPage?
After nine years of being an award-winning Web authoring tool, FrontPage
will be discontinued in late 2006. We will continue to serve the diverse
needs of our existing FrontPage customers with the introduction of two
brand-new application building and Web authoring tools using the latest
technologies: Office SharePoint Designer 2007 for the enterprise
information workers and Expression Web for the professional Web designer.

Russ