[PLUG-TALK] Verizon opening their network to "any app, any device"

Bill Barry barryb at proaxis.com
Tue Nov 27 20:37:34 UTC 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 12:13 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
>
> > Those f*kers. Now my reason for canceling my service is gone. Wait! This
> > is what I wanted from them!
>
>    Just out of curiosity, what do folks want supported by them that's
> currently not available?
>
> Rich

For one, I want better voice mail handling. The current Verizon system
will keep only a limited number of voicemail messages for a limited
amount of time. After that time expires you are forced to listen to
the message again and resave it. If you save too many messages the
mailbox fills up and you can't get new messages. They have no method
of downloading the messages or forwarding them to an email account or
increasing their storage capacity or anything.

Bill