[PLUG-TALK] Wireless Card Connects, No IP Address Granted

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Tue Oct 2 23:39:55 UTC 2007

>>>>> "alan" == alan  <alan at clueserver.org> writes:

alan> On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Rich Shepard wrote:
>> On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Russell Senior wrote:
>>> No. What is strange is that it works at all.
>>  Now you're getting philosophical, Russell! But, I agree that
>> wireless networking does seem like magic sometimes.

alan> Black magic.

alan> Check to see if your firmware is loading correctly and that it
alan> is loading the wireless kernel module you expect.

There are many, many things that *could* go wrong, but absolutely no
way to guess what specifically might have *actually* gone wrong in
Rich's case, as so little information was provided.  Oh.  It didn't
work.  Guess why?

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net