[PLUG-TALK] Local Professional Photo Labs?

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Thu Oct 4 07:25:08 UTC 2007

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 06:37:03PM -0700, Brent Rieck wrote:

> I have a Canon CanoScan 8400, it's a flatbed with a light in the lid
> to scan transparencies with.

I had no idea the state of the art in flatbed scanners had advanced so
dramatically in recent years. I had written them off after seeing what
my 1200 dpi 10-year-old ScanJet was capable of. I'll have to take
another look now.

> If you need to scan 4x5 or 8x10 film a friend of mine has an Epson
> 4990 that he likes quite a bit for larger film, it may also no
> longer be available.  I've not used either with Linux but I've been
> led to believe that they work with it.

Judging by the list of supported hardware on the SANE site, it seems
the Epson Perfection series is a safe bet.

--
Paul