[PLUG-TALK] Local Professional Photo Labs?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Oct 4 16:12:23 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Mullen <pm at nellump.net> writes:

Paul> On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 06:37:03PM -0700, Brent Rieck wrote:
>>  I have a Canon CanoScan 8400, it's a flatbed with a light in the
>> lid to scan transparencies with.

Paul> I had no idea the state of the art in flatbed scanners had
Paul> advanced so dramatically in recent years. I had written them off
Paul> after seeing what my 1200 dpi 10-year-old ScanJet was capable
Paul> of. I'll have to take another look now.

I've got about 3000 or so 35mm slides I'd love to scan.  Nothing I've
seen available makes this look anything other than incredibly tedious
or incredibly expensive.  I've had an idea for a long time to design a
device that basically replaces the lens in a standard carousel
projector, and interfaces with the focus and advance controller so
that a tray of 140 at a time could be automated.  Why has that not
occurred to someone else who is actually capable of constructing such
a thing?  Is it not a completely obvious leveraging of existing
equipment?

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net