[PLUG-TALK] The Keith Effect - Lightbulb factories closing

Ronald Chmara ron at Opus1.COM
Sat Oct 6 02:24:15 UTC 2007

On Oct 5, 2007, at 1:37 PM, Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> I've said it before and I'll say it again.  You may speak of
> something as
> "fuelling" a process, but there is no such thing as fuel.
> Everything's a
> battery.  You just have to figure out how it's charged

Good point....

> and what energy is
> lost in that process (and what processes are disrupted by diverting
> the
> energy to battery-charging).
> I mean, hydrogen and ethanol?  Come on!  They're both huge sinks.
> No net
> gain whatsoever.

Most modern fuels *are* batteries. Organic batteries that are charged
up the exact same way traditional biofuels (Oil, Coal) were charged
up between millions to 4.5 billions of  years ago, by a massive
(1.9891 ×10^30 kg) fusion reactor that runs *primarily* on....
hydrogen fuel.

Of course, we only have about 500-700 million years left now to
harness this free energy, and find somewhere else to live (or adapt
to life without liquid water).

*shrug*

-Ronabop